OpenWrt 21.02.3 Third service release

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Fri Apr 22 05:32:09 PDT 2022

On 2022-04-21 00:21, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the third service release
> of OpenWrt 21.02. It fixes security issues, improves device support,
> and brings a few bug fixes.

Thanks for all the hard work put into this!

I noticed a small issue during the upgrade using the sysupgrade in Luci.
After the first attempt, it showed I was still running 21.02.2. Flashing
the same file again gave me the correct version (21.02.3). (the status
overview also showed the old kernel version and a low uptime, so there
was a reboot and I did not misread the version).
I also only have the latest binary for a single router on my PC, so no
mistake possible there as well.

The only difference between my first and second attempt was that I did
not tick the box "Include in backup a list of current installed packages
at /etc/backup/installed_packages.txt" the second time. I do have some
extra packages installed and updated some during the 21.02.2 lifetime.

Router is a TP Link Archer C7 v5 that was running 21.02.2 before the
upgrade.

If more people experience this, it might be worth spending time on it.
Otherwise, it might be best to just retry and be happy!

Regards,

Bas.