[OpenWrt-Devel] nanostation-m-xw ath79 missing wlan sysfs pci entries

Joe Ayers joe at ayerscasa.com
Mon Nov 18 14:47:56 EST 2019

> > > I don't own the device, so you either need to `git bisect` the problem down or
> > > at least start reverting kernel/mac80211 and find out which commit broke it.
> > > Ot at least provide last working Git hash for you.
> > >
> > > It would be better to create a bug report on bugs.openwrt.org, attach your
> > > .config (if you've custom image) and full dmesg as well.
> > >
> > > -- ynezz
> >
> > I will endeavor to find a good commit, but I suspect the
> > nanostation-m-xw never showed through these PCI ID attributes with
> > ath79 target.  I'm looking to obtain the subsystem_device (Ubiquiti
> > boardid) and subsystem_vendor, to subsequently know the power offset,
> > etc. ref:  /usr/share/libiwinfo/hardware.txt.
>
> XW in ar71xx sets up both wmac and ap91_pci:
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/target/linux/ar71xx/files/arch/mips/ath79/mach-ubnt-xm.c#L460
>
> In ath79, only wmac is set up. There is no pcie entry.
>
> Since those devices only have one radio (AFAIK?), the dual setup in ar71xx looks wrong to me.

Yes, nanostation M2/M5 XWs are one radio.    Are the Device ID (DID)
and Vendor ID (VID) registers available though (or can be made
available though) the wmac dts definition?   Is it possible, the pcie
definition is only needed to gain access to these registers?   I'm not
sure where to go from here to solve the problem, any pointers would be
helpful.

Joe AE6XE