[OpenWrt-Devel] script hook for odhcpd

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 20:43:11 EST 2019

I'm adding hotplug.d support to all DHCP events.
For now only dnsmasq triggers them, with
openwrt/package/network/services/dnsmasq/files/dhcp-script.sh

DHCP clients like udcpc and udcp6c are easy to add as the client calls
a script hook with documented arguments and environment
variables I can pass to scripts in hotplug.d/dhcp.

I'm not finding anything useful for odhcpd.

It does have a similar script,
openwrt/package/network/services/odhcpd/files/odhcpd-update
that is called "lease trigger", and currently just calls dnsmasq to
reload hosts file.

It does not seem to be called with any argument or environmental variable I
can use for hotplug scripts.

I can also use its ubus API to get a list of ipv4 leases or ipv6 leases.

Did I miss something? Any ideas to implement DHCP hotplug in ipv6 server?

-Alberto