ESP Connection Refused Question

Karl O. Pinc kop at karlpinc.com
Tue Jul 30 13:01:04 PDT 2024

On Tue, 30 Jul 2024 12:46:49 -0600
Benjamin Cardon <bj.cardon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, my company has a GlobalProtect VPN and I've been successfully
> using it using GPopen and openconnect for years. A few months ago,
> they changed something in our network or VPN that is causing the VPN
> to fail to connect via ESP when I'm in our office, though it works
> perfectly fine outside the office network.

I am just guessing that the following reference to a patch won't
help, but it wouldn't hurt to try with "the latest code".

https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openconnect-devel/2024-July/005448.html

Otherwise, my limited experience says to use -vvv --dump-http-traffic
and send the output to the list to get help.  Don't forget
to redact SAML or other cookies used for authorization (!), and
anything else that might be private.

Karl <kop at karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

P.S.  What would be cool would be to have a
--dump-http-traffic=anonyonimized option,
that redacts everything "sensitive".  This would
make bug reporting much easier, although people
might still send cookies because they can be
cut-and-pasted as part of human interaction.