Support for Symantec VIP Access.

Fung Chai Lim fungchai.lim at kaisquare.com
Thu Jan 14 03:22:55 EST 2021

Hi,

I run the following on a host running RebornOS (archlinux):

echo MY-SECRET-PASSWD | sudo openconnect -v \
    -u USER-NAME \
    --protocol=anyconnect \
    --passwd-on-stdin \
    --token-mode=totp \
    --token-secret=abcdefgh,302425 \
    VPN-SERVER

My VIP Access app has Credential ID of "SYMC abcd efgh".  When I ran
the above command, the app was showing 302425.  Not sure if I have
correctly entered the token-secret.  The above command produced the
following output:

POST https://VPN-SERVER/
Attempting to connect to server A.B.C.D:443
Connected to A.B.C.D:443
SSL negotiation with VPN-SERVER
Connected to HTTPS on VPN-SERVER with ciphersuite
(TLS1.2)-(RSA)-(AES-256-CBC)-(SHA1)
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:08:38 GMT
HTTP body chunked (-2)
OK to generate INITIAL tokencode
XML POST enabled
Error: Server asked us to run CSD hostscan.
You need to provide a suitable --csd-wrapper argument.
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

Where can I get the CSD hostscan application?

BTW, I ran credmgr.msc on my Windows laptop and found that my private
key is non-exportable.  Will this be a problem?  Do I need the private
key in order to use openconnect to log into my vpn server?