Support for Symantec VIP Access.

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:05:02 EST 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 6:14 PM Fung Chai Lim
<fungchai.lim at kaisquare.com> wrote:
> Does openconnect support Symantec VIP Access?  If the answer is yes,
> how do I enter the security code that is generated by the app?

You enter your code in the exact same place that you enter the code
when connecting from Windows. Some VPNs make you enter it in a
separate form field, some make you append it to your "regular"
password, etc.

OpenConnect changes nothing here.

> Furthermore, I understand each user can install VIP Access on more
> than one device; each installation is assigned a unique Symantec
> Credential ID.  Beside the security code, is the credential id
> required when authenticating with the server?

This question suggests that you haven't actually TRIED what you're
asking about. Have you?

If not, try it first and then ask us more specific questions if
something doesn't work.

As an aside, VIP Access is nothing but standard TOTP
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_One-Time_Password) with an
obfuscated protocol for token provisioning. See
https://github.com/dlenski/python-vipaccess

-Dan