How to get or Build Openconnect for Windows

Andrew Hogg andrew.william.hogg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:21:20 EDT 2020

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to get openconnect for windows -
and I really do apologise, but I cannot for the life of me figure out
how to get it.

Do I have to build it? or can I just download it from somewhere?

I'm just really looking for the command line version of openconnect -
I would install the graphical one, but it hasn't been updated since
2017 and all I really need is the command line utility to build the
tunnel to my work VPN so I can control the routes in my routing table
and have split tunneling.

On your website I have found the bit that says:

"Windows

The Fedora dwmw2/openconnect COPR mentioned above contains
mingw-openconnect packages built for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows."

And I got to the following place:

https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/dwmw2/openconnect/fedora-32-x86_64/01392924-mingw-openconnect/

And I think I might be on the right track, but honestly have no idea -
that location appears to only have linux stuff in it - do I need to
build the Windows exe etc from Linux?

Please can you point me in the right direction as I really don't want
to be tied to the official anyconnect client as it hijacks my computer
and forces everything through the VPN - I want to choose what goes
through.

I'm not an idiot - but I'm lost - please help me.

Cheers,

Andrew Hogg