Can't connect with DTLS, using SSL instead

Abdulla Bubshait darkstego at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 10:51:21 PDT 2017

> It appears from your log that the server is not sending any
> information to the client about how to connect with DTLS; there are no
> X-DTLS-* response headers.

That is what I noticed as well. I could not find any DTLS response and
checking the code
path, an empty vpninfo->dtls_options would give the same non-descript
fail message I am
getting. I do not know if a DTLS channel is ever negotiated.

> The log you sent only includes the headers in the *server response* to
> the CONNECT.
>
> Can you include more of the log, including the headers *sent by
> openconnect* along with the CONNECT request?

I am unsure how to get any more log messages. I am already running with -vvvv
I don't know if the headers sent by openconnect are logged to vpn_progress
But I have attached below all the logs prior to the server response.
In addition the
version of openconnect (running on arch)

$ openconnect -V
OpenConnect version v7.08
Using GnuTLS. Features present: PKCS#11, HOTP software token, TOTP
software token, Yubikey OATH, System keys, DTLS

$ sudo openconnect -u user --servercert sha256:cert.... -vvvv
company.com                       :
POST https://company.com/
Attempting to connect to server ip:443
Connected to ip:443
SSL negotiation with company.com
Server certificate verify failed: signer not found
Connected to HTTPS on company.com
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
Location: https://company.com:443/webvpn.html
Set-Cookie: webvpncontext=00 at MainVPNContext; path=/; Secure
Connection: Keep-Alive
HTTP body length:  (0)
GET https://company.com/
Attempting to connect to server ip:443
Connected to ip:443
SSL negotiation with company.com
Server certificate verify failed: signer not found
Connected to HTTPS on company.com
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
Connection: close
HTTP body length:  (473)
Please enter your username and password.
PASSWORD:
POST https://company.com/webvpn.html
SSL negotiation with company.com
Server certificate verify failed: signer not found
Connected to HTTPS on company.com
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: max-age=0
CSTP connected. DPD 300, Keepalive 30
CSTP Ciphersuite: (TLS1.0)-(RSA)-(AES-256-CBC)-(SHA1)
Set up DTLS failed; using SSL instead
Connected as 10.200.200.175, using SSL