Can't connect with DTLS, using SSL instead

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:25:41 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Abdulla Bubshait <darkstego at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You should use --dump to show the complete chain of HTTPS request and
> > response headers.
>
> Thanks for this. It seems openconnect is indeed issuing the three DTLS
> lines, but nothing seems to be coming in response.

Huh… indeed.

> I wonder how the anyconnect client is able to create a DTLS connection
> in this case.

This is just a guess, but it's possible that your VPN gateway is only
configured to offer a DTLS connection to specific whitelisted versions
of the AnyConnect connect (perhaps to work around bugs in older ones).

       --useragent=STRING
              Use STRING as 'User-Agent:' field value in HTTP header.
(e.g. --useragent 'Cisco AnyConnect VPN Agent for
              Windows 2.2.0133')

Perhaps if you spoof the User-Agent sent by the Windows client with
openconnect --useragent, the gateway will comply?

Thanks,
Dan