How to assign the client a specific IP address? Including IPV6 allocation?

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:27:36 PST 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 2:35 AM, Mask Zan <mask.zan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for developing such excellent software,My use of the
> environment is very special, need to assign a fixed IPV4 and IPV6
> address for each account, I visited a lot of documents, did not find a
> solution, can you help me?

Are you referring to the openconnect client or ocserv server?

I've thought about adding a flag to do this to the openconnect client
before. The idea is that "openconnect --request-ip=1.2.3.4
--request-ipv6=de:ad::be:ef" would ask the server to assign the
specified IPv4/v6 address(es) to the client, if possible.

- The GlobalProtect protocol certainly supports this, and some VPNs
don't work quite right without it. Including "preferred-ip=1.2.3.4" in
the getconfig request does the trick.
- The AnyConnect protocol appears to support it on at least one server
I can access. Including "X-CSTP-Address: 1.2.3.4" as a *request*
header for CONNECT appears to have the desired effect.
- Not sure if the Juniper/NC protocol supports it.

Any thoughts on this?

-Dan