Authgroup, PKCS#11 and nm-openconnect...

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 19 09:02:41 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-04-19 at 11:37 -0400, Sean wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:49 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> > It ought to remember the authgroup that you last used, just as it
> > remembers usernames.
> >
> Yes, I see that it does that on subsquent connections.  It looks like
> that's under the [vpn-secrets] section, so I guess that's good.

Right. So your provisioning script which uses nmcli to create the NM
VPN config should be able to set that in advance.

> > What happens when you select the 'smart card' authgroup? Does the
> > username/password prompt go away, and leave you with *only* a login
> > button?
> >
> Yes, it is as you describe.

OK. So on the *second* connection, when the authgroup is remembered,
the dialog automatically selects it and they're given just a 'login'
button?

> I'm not sure "complain" is the right word for what I would do, I
> apologize if that's how my query came off.  I do expect some of the
> end-users I support will require training, to ensure they're not
> confused the first few times they use it.  That's manageable, which
> is good enough for me, no complaints necessary :)

Semantics :)

I think complaining is the correct course of action. It's just better
to do so in 'diff -up' form, in https://bugzilla.gnome.org/752354 :)