Losing connection with Unknown DTLS packet

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Nov 28 12:44:24 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-11-28 at 15:38 -0500, Stuart Luppescu wrote:

> I will do this. This seemed to coincide with upgrades to our analysis
> servers, but that should not have anything to do with the VPN gateway,
> should it?

Maybe if they caused packets to be seen out of order, which would be
odd. And would have to be coupled with a strange bug like the
historical OpenSSL one, which is also unlikely.

If you could ever reproduce that bug, I'd be very interested to see a
packet capture of the UDP frames on the public network, along with the
master-secret and session-id headers from the VPN negotiation.

You would be giving me *all* the traffic from that network connection
though, if you did that. And you'd want to sign off that session before
sending them too, or I could use the secret/session-id to connect for
myself. So maybe just capture them to a file, and I can talk you
through interpreting them with wireshark.