Docker Compose services can't see each other under OpenConnect

Ryan Y. ryan.yakstis at dominionenterprises.com
Wed Nov 16 07:16:10 PST 2016

Hello,

I have opened an issue with the Docker Compose team regarding running a Docker
container service network when connected to a VPN through OpenConnect.  You can
find the issue here:

https://github.com/docker/compose/issues/4156

They said based on their information that I should ask here, since there's
nothing they can do from their end.

So I'll repost the main question here:

"When running a service network with nginx and several php and node-based
services, exposing only the nginx service to the outside world, after connecting
to an OpenConnect VPN, the nginx service cannot connect to its upstreams, namely
the php:5-fpm services.

When I previously used hhvm services, it still could not connect. Can't seem to
isolate the problem."

Any ideas?