iPhone AnyConnect will connect to OpenConnect server frequently in sleep mode

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 07:43:15 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Qingjia Zhu <qingjiazhu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been bothered by this for long and did many research and
> experiments but couldn't solve it, so I have to ask..
> I'm running OpenConnect server 0.10.6 on CentOS 7, and AnyConnect 4.x
> on iPhone 5
> I use certificates authentication, and everything worked well, on
> iPhone I can do a single click and I'm connected, I'm happy.
[...]
> BUT, the problem is, even if I do NOT wake up my phone, I still find
> iPhone will connect to the server automatically very often. By very
> often I mean the reconnection will happen almost every minute or every
> two minutes, sometimes even just a few seconds after the connection

Could you provide more detailed debugging logs for the whole
connection (e.g., -d4) when that happens? You could send the log
directly to me if it is too long.

> dpd = 90
> mobile-dpd = 3600

It is important to see whether the correct value has been sent to the
client. The protocol doesn't distinguish between mobile and non-mobile
clients so the heuristics used by ocserv to detect mobile clients may
have not worked in that case.