default route, and dns

Openconnect User openconnectml at lodi.kicks-ass.net
Thu Jun 25 22:18:47 PDT 2015

Hi.

Why does openconnect add a default route through the vpn?  Since the
existing default is still there now I have two.  (This is openconnect on
osx from homebrew.)  Traceroutes to various systems inside and outside
the remote end seem to go the right way though.

It doesn't add default routes on my linux box with openconnect that I
built myself, but maybe I removed something from the vpnc-script. It has
been a while since I set it up so I can't remember.

I'd also like to know what people do about dns.  On windows with the
cisco client, dns magically works, resolving through the vpn to internal
dns servers when necessary.  For linux/osx openconnect clients I run a
caching dns server with forwarders for domains inside the vpn.  The
problem is I don't know every possible domain I should forward, as the
company is big and uses a lot of them.

Thanks!