dpd has no effect when using iOS anyconnect

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jan 25 04:09:58 PST 2015

On Sun, 2015-01-25 at 15:25 +0800, BitInn Admin wrote:

> 1. I don't see server-initiated DPD in client-side debug log, only
> client-initiated DPD for detecting MTU, possibly because my ocserv
> mobile DPD setting is the default 1800 (30 minutes), while my test
> only lasts for 20 minutes or so.

Hm, do we have a better understanding of how the client does this now?
Should we be implementing the same in OpenConnect?

Does it just send packets of increasing size with the DF bit set, as
probes? And the server responds to the probes with the DF bit set too?
Does it respond to *all* DPD with the DF bit?

ISTR there was something special about the *payload* of the larger DPD
packets...?