XML response has no "auth" node

Gareth Western gareth at garethwestern.com
Wed Feb 4 14:01:53 PST 2015

Hi,

I recently came across David's request for additional user testing and would like to help out. I cannot give access to our VPN, but I can test openconnect myself.

I clone the Git repo and built openconnect v7.04-129-g715e4d8 from source (using Ubuntu 14.04). When I run openconnect the output is as follows:

$ ./openconnect ssl.bouvet.no
POSThttps://ssl.bouvet.no/
Attempting to connect to server 185.13.92.26:443
SSL negotiation with ssl.bouvet.no
Connected to HTTPS on ssl.bouvet.no
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 302 Found
GEThttps://ssl.bouvet.no/
GEThttps://ssl.bouvet.no/dana-na/auth/url_default/welcome.cgi
SSL negotiation with ssl.bouvet.no
Connected to HTTPS on ssl.bouvet.no
XML response has no "auth" node
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

What should I try next?

Cheers,

Gareth

BTW, just as a note, installation required a couple of packages that were not mentioned on the homepage and that I did not have installed, specifically "autotools-dev", "automake", and "libtool"