potential juniper/network-manager issue

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 18 10:00:14 PST 2015

On Fri, 2015-12-18 at 09:37 -0800, Cameron wrote:

> I finally took a guess that maybe it was network-manager. I stopped the
> network-manager service, and my routing table was correct every time I
> connected to the juniper VPN.

NetworkManager does not really cope with with you doing things to the
routing table behind its back.

If you were to build openconnect with a one-line hack in library.c to
change the default protocol from "anyconnect" to "nc", you could
probably just use NetworkManager-openconnect.

I've been holding off on doing that though, because I really want to
have an HTML renderer and do things properly, rather than depending on
the primitive hacks we have to parse the common HTML pages in
openconnect itself.