Setting tunnel IP address fails on German Windows 7

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 08:09:15 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 3:37 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
>> just a status update on this, and sorry for the delay.
>> Many sorts of "playing around", i.e. renaming the tun interface
>> seem to fix the problem permanently. E.g. renaming the adapter
>> forth and back will leave you with a permanently working system.
>> So I now believe this is not only about the adapter names
>> but rather about some subtle change in some other part of
>> the environment, perhaps not even the registry.
>> So to reproduce the error, you need a fresh install almost every time
>> you try something. This is no big deal with a VM image, of course,
>> but cornering the error might require more than dumping a registry branch
>> "before" and "after". I hope that in a couple of weeks from now  I am able
>> to report something more detailed as I should have a little more time then.
> Any progress on this? I'm pondering a minor release of OpenConnect with
> a few fixes that have accumulated, and wouldn't mind rolling in a fix
> for this if we can find one.
> It would also be useful to know if it affects OpenVPN. Partly because
> we can then make it Someone Else's Problem :)

None unfortunately. I haven't got any time to work on the windows port.

btw. if you are making a release please consider including
7ab5ad2ab3e636540fef9134b9cd00a353365a62
96850dc944f03180742713d0a607df3ecca37c50
2a5b7d559cc1c187ea79087ff0b0a056f8742b13
c4e560e9d9ce31882a68e656b9f3ffc96339263a
9650c1b9bf20ed771739a227c237b8f80cac435f
9b1a6f752019fdfa373fe59243ecbeb79a950ba3

from:

https://github.com/nmav/openconnect-mine/commits/my-changes

I carry these patches independently in epel7, openwrt and fedora.
Would be nice if they become part of openconnect.