Disconnect leaves session active

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:49:49 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM, BigBeerJR <bigbeerjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using openconnect 6.0 and it works very well, but when I disconnect the
> ASA still shows that the session is active. Since our network staff is
> assigning single IP addresses per user, I am unable to reconnect since my IP
> is still listed as in use by the phantom session.

By "disconnect the ASA" do you mean hitting ^C on the command line
client and seeing the "BYE packet" message, like this?

Please enter your username and password.
Username:test
Password:
POST https://asa/
Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 30, Keepalive 20
Connected (script) as 192.168.5.10, using SSL
Established DTLS connection (using OpenSSL). Ciphersuite AES128-SHA.
^CSend BYE packet: Aborted by caller
User canceled (SIGINT); exiting.

For me, this ends the session:

ciscoasa# show vpn-sessiondb anyconnect
INFO: There are presently no active sessions