API to get ciphersuite

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Oct 28 10:45:38 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 16:32 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> > I should add for completeness here, that if you had not kicked in and
> > expected me to fix the remaining issues, we wouldn't have the windows
> > client today. When I sent the patch I didn't even have access to
> > windows; everything was done under mingw.
>
> What else are we missing here, btw?

I pretty much rely on Niels on reporting issues on that platform :)
I think the MTU issue is the only serious remaining one.

> I'm in the process of pushing out a patch which makes it use
> FormatMessage() instead of printing hex error numbers. That's working
> under Wine but I want to give it a try under real Windows with real
> errors instead of just synthesised calls to
> openconnect__win32_strerror().

An related issue is the abolishment of perrors(), and to print a more
user-friendly message in that case:
https://github.com/openconnect/openconnect-gui/issues/21

> I have certificates in my Windows certificate store — are we able to use
> those yet? Do we need http://thewalter.net/git/cgit.cgi/p11-capi/ to
> make that work?

It should work already. p11-capi would be cool if ported to the new cng
API as one would be able to add and remove CAs while the app is running;
but I guess it's ok without it.