Script '/etc/vpnc/vpnc-script' returned error 127

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Nov 21 04:12:08 PST 2014

Please always remember to hit 'reply to all' to keep the mailing list in
Cc. And remember to quote *only* what is absolutely needed for context
from the previous mail, and put your own response *below* the relevant
citation.

On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 01:25 +0100, Iv Njrc wrote:

> Thanks for answering!
> Here are my answers:
> 1) Ok. I checked with ip addr and ip route that the VPN was not
> established. =c(

That's not surprising, if the script hasn't run and set up the
networking for you.

> 2) "Can you run /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script directly?" No, I can't run it
> directly. It says that "this script must be called from vpnc"

OK, so you *can* run it and the script itself gives you an error. That's
precisely the output I expected when you run it. Not the 'No such file
or directory' and failing even to run the script which you reported in
your original mail.

But Kevin spotted something I didn't — it is /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script.sh
or /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script ? It looks like you have one, and you asked for
the other.

> Should I "install" any vpnc tool? I just created the directory and add
> the script, which seems weird for me.

No, I suspect you just need to stop typing and start using cut/paste or
tab-completion so you don't get filenames wrong :)