unable to use RSA SecureID on Unbuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit

Mark Kolmar mark at burningrome.com
Fri Jul 18 10:27:56 PDT 2014

Sanitized output:

$ stoken show
Enter password to decrypt token:
Serial number           : 000123456789
Encrypted w/password    : yes
Encrypted w/devid       : no
Expiration date         : 2099/99/01
Key length              : 128
Tokencode digits        : 6
PIN mode                : 0
Seconds per tokencode   : 60
App-derived             : no
Feature bit 4           : no
Time-derived            : yes
Feature bit 6           : no

The Windows RSA app generates a 6-digit code. It doesn't ask for the PIN
or a password to protect the token once imported. What the VPN admins
call the PIN is used as a prefix to the 6-digit code to form the first
password. It's not clear to me that this so called PIN has exactly the
same purpose as what stoken or openconnect call a PIN.

It sounds like openconnect will try to use the code generated by stoken,
whereas in this case it is necessary to use PIN + tokencode as you say.
It would also be helpful to be able to supply the first password on the
command line with any string for testing, or try to script it like
"$PIN$(stoken)".

I can try to remove the openconnect and network-manager-openconnect
packages, make clean, build openconnect 6.00, make install, build
network manager, make install, something like that. If the terminal
output has the details you asked about, I will check.

Not that often recently, but I have some experience with porting Unix
packages in C. I would be able to build changes into my local copy for
testing, and possibly some light coding.

--Mark