Error loading certificate from CAC.

mrainey michael.rainey.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Dec 3 15:12:15 PST 2014

Hello,

I have been working on this problem for a few days now and have
exhausted my testing knowledge for this problem.  I currently have a
fresh install of Xubuntu 14.10 32-bit on a Dell inspirion 6000.  I am
trying to use openconnect to a Cisco VPN server by logging in with a
CAC.  I have followed the steps at the link below to enable CAC login.

http://www.gooze.eu/fr/forums/support/howto-connect-to-cisco-anyconnect-vpn-using-openconnect-and-pki-token

Xubuntu 14.10 installs the following packages from the repository.
openconnect 6.00-1
gnutis-bin 3.2.16

 From here I run the command

openconnect -c
'pkcs11:model=PKCS%2315%20emulated;manufacturer=piv_II;serial=06b508843810d7f6;token=PIV_II%20%28PIV%20Card%20Holder%20pin%29;id=%01;object=PIV%20AUTH%20key'
vpn.server.srv

And this is my output:

POST https://vpn.server.srv/
Attempting to connect to server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:443
PIN required for PIV_II (PIV Card Holder pin)
Enter PIN:
Error loading certificate from PKCS#11: The requested data were not
available.
Failed to open HTTPS connection to vpn-outside.nrlssc.navy.mil
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

I have not been able to get any additional error details.  Even when
setting the verbose option the output is still the same.  Is it possible
to point me in the right direction to fix this issue.

Thank you,