[solved] Re: Is it possible to force use of the authgroup?

Andrew Stubbs andrew.stubbs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:24:41 PDT 2014

On 11/04/14 16:10, Kevin Cernekee wrote:
> Your authgroup can be set a couple of ways:
>
>   - Through the dropdown (which doesn't seem to be enabled here)
>   - From a group-url, e.g. https://vpn.foobar.com/mygroup
>   - From your client cert

Option 2 is a winner!

I don't know what they changed on the server, but adding the authgroup
to the url fixes the problem.

> For the latter item, we did see some cases where the client cert would
> not be requested.  You can try --no-http-keepalive as a quick
> workaround.

That just causes it to repeat "Refreshing +CSCOE+/sdesktop/wait.html
after 1 second..." seemingly forever. It was very reminiscent of the bad
old days, but didn't appear to work around the problem.

> Does the official Linux Anyconnect client work?  Which version?

I only tried the official client on Windows. I don't really want to let
that stuff near my real computer. ;-)

Thanks very much. My problem is solved.

Andrew