android log

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Mar 2 18:40:45 EST 2013

On 03/02/2013 11:33 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:

> So... building openconnect in a full AOSP build tree, as Jason and I had
> been doing, is probably not the best way to do it. What *should* we do?
> Should we provide a script which downloads the libxml/gnutls/etc
> tarballs and configures+builds them using the NDK, and then builds
> openconnect against them?

That's what cerbero is actually. I've put my copy at gitorious (which
includes package rules for gnutls and openconnect).
https://gitorious.org/gnutls/cerbero

Furthermore it handles building on other embedded systems (like ios),
and this one of the reasons I like it.

> Or even just expect them to be extracted in
> the local directory, and add their C files directly to the openconnect
> Android.mk (which perhaps should be called Application.mk? )

I'm not familiar with Android development. Would it be possible for an
apk package that contains a java front-end, to contain .so libraries
built not with the Android.mk way? If that's the case, then going with
the easiest way of building without special rules or makefiles would
make sense.

However, for such platforms I think what matters is having binaries
rather than a perfect built system. These platforms (like any embedded
platform) are short-lived, and by the time you make the perfect build
system for one it is already deprecated.