Ubuntu 12.04 trying to connect to a Cisco VPN

saearea-test at yahoo.com saearea-test at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 17:23:22 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to switch from Windows to Linux using Ubuntu 12.04. In Windows I am using Cisco Anyconnect.
Under Ubuntu I installed openconnect and openconnect-gnome for network manager. I created an entry in the network manager, but I don't get the option to choose "Password/SecurID".
When I run it from the command line I get the following output:

sudo openconnect  someworkingURL
Attempting to connect to someIPaddress:443
SSL negotiation with someworkingURL
Server certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate

Certificate from VPN server "someworkingURL" failed verification.
Reason: unable to get local issuer certificate
Enter 'yes' to accept, 'no' to abort; anything else to view: yes
Connected to HTTPS on someworkingURL
GET https://someworkingURL/
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 302 Object Moved
SSL negotiation with someworkingURL
Server certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate
Connected to HTTPS on someworkingURL
GET https://someworkingURL/+webvpn+/index.html
Please enter your username and password.
Certificate Validation Failure
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

As you can see it is asking to enter a username and password, but it never waits for me to actually type it in. :(

openconnect --version
OpenConnect version v3.15

Thank you for any hints and advice in this matter.

Best regards,
Steve