OpenConnect 4.06 + Fedora17

Dan Kane dan at southernkane.com
Fri Aug 31 17:30:45 EDT 2012

I can successfully connect to my VPN via the cmdline using:

sudo openconnect -c certfile.p12 vpn.mydomain.com

It asks for the PKCS#12 pass phrase, then username/password and I'm in
like a dirty shirt  ;)

Yet when I try to configure a VPN connection using the Fedora17
NetworkManager UI - having converted my PKCS#12 into a .pem file - it
always fails to connect, saying "The VPN connection 'VPN' failed because
there were no valid VPN secrets".

FWIW, I converted my .p12 into a .pem using (OpenSSL 1.0.0j-fips):

openssl pkcs12 -nodes -in certfile.p12 -out certfile.pem

I use certfile.pem as my "User Certificate" in the NM UI.

Perhaps this is really a Fedora forum question, but I figured that you
would have experience of how openconnect can fail in various
environments. Any ideas why?

Dan