Saving password of configuration

Mike Miller mtmiller at ieee.org
Tue Aug 28 16:03:12 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Colin wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm using openconnect on a terminal like this:
>  openconnect -c cert.pfx  -u username https://vpnserver/
> So first it asks for the cert.pfx password and then for the one from
> the username.
> I was looking for a way to save this in some sort of config file.
> I've seen there's an option to use a XML config file but I haven't
> found an example.

If you consider a shell script to be a config file and you are
comfortable with your password(s) being saved in a plain text file,
and seen in the process list, then certainly. Something like
(untested)

#!/bin/sh
cert=cert.pfx
username=username
certpass=password1
userpass=password2
echo $userpass | exec openconnect -c $cert -p $certpass -u $username
--passwd-on-stdin $@

I think that's all there is at the moment using the standard
openconnect command.

--
mike