Openconnect Network Manager Interaction Ubuntu 12.04

Mike Miller mtmiller at ieee.org
Tue Aug 14 11:22:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Mcclelland, Michael B Mr CTR USN USA wrote:
> Reran with debuild and but the build failed, should I be applying that
> linked patch even though I'm on ubuntu?  I didn't get any warnings regarding
> the version of network manager.
>
> here is my log:
> http://pastebin.com/KAZX1fW7

Hi Michael, your log shows that the network-manager-openconnect
0.9.4.0 package is incompatible with the libopenconnect.so.2 API, this
was changed between openconnect 3.x and 4.x. You have 3 options:

1. Patch 0.9.4.0 to make it work with openconnect >= 4.00
2. Backport 0.9.6.0, patch it to compile against network-manager 0.9.4.0
3. Backport the entire network-manager 0.9.6.0 suite

I had option 1 done at one point in Debian, but that work was never
released as an official package.

Option 2 would be to get the network-manager-openconnect 0.9.6.0
Ubuntu source package and apply the patch linked to above. And as
noted, that may or may not be all you need to do to follow this route.

I would go with option 3, it will require building more packages but I
suspect fewer changes to each one as I think the interdependencies
between NM components are more tightly coupled than between NM and the
rest of the system.

If you need help with any of these just ask, I left out a lot of details.

--
mike