Openconnect Network Manager Interaction Ubuntu 12.04

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:15:22 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Mcclelland, Michael B Mr CTR USN USA
<michael.b.mcclelland at us.army.mil> wrote:
> So I attempted to rebuild network manager 0.9.4 on Ubuntu 12.04,  I used apt
> to download source and the build dependencies and then added libgnutls28 and
> libopenconnect2 to the build-depends list in the control document.  Then I
> did "debian/rules build and fakeroot debian/rules binary to build packages.
> I re-intalled/installed everything that it created and rebooted.  I'm very
> certain this was the wrong way to go about things because all I managed to
> do was break the right click functionality of the network manager applet.
> Are there other packages I need to rebuild as-well or did I simply go off
> the road?

No, that's really all you should have to build --
network-manager-openconnect, which build network-manager-openconnect
and network-manager-openconnect-gnome; both of which need to be
installed.

You shouldn't need to reboot after install, everything else is
supposed to work from the point the packages are installed.

To build the packages however, it's easier if you use just "debuild"
from within the source directory. That requires you to have the
package 'devscripts' installed, but it will take care of all the steps
you called manually.

Was it just network-manager-openconnect or the whole stack?

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl at gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93