problems on OpenSolaris

Jeff Haferman jeff at haferman.com
Sun Jan 24 18:49:23 EST 2010

Jeff Haferman wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:

>>> "strndup" is missing on the link.  I did a cursory search and it is
>>> not part of opensolaris,
>>
>> Yay Solaris!
>>
>> Please could you test the patch I've just pushed to the git repository?
>

> OK, it compiles.  But now upon running I get
>
> which: no ip in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin)
> [snip]
> ./vpnc-script[301]: /var/run/vpnc/resolv.conf-backup: cannot open [No such file or directory]
>
> I guess "ip" is part of iproute2, which I don't think is part of SunOS.
> I was also getting the
> which: no ip in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin)
> message using the 2.10 version, but I connected just fine anyway... so I
> just ignored the message.  Now I can't connect even using the 2.10 version.
>
> So, it looks like the vpnc-script is now what I need to fix... any ideas
> there?

David -
Thanks for your patience with this (and for making a great resource
available).  Fortunately, VirtualBox let's me keep snapshots, so I
reverted to an earlier snapshot and rebuilt what you put in the git
repository today.

I can once again connect.

My question now is:  what is the proper way to disconnect?  I have been
doing a control-c, and the process says it receives an interrupt, but
doesn't seem to stop, so I control-c again and I notice that it doesn't
properly restore the resolv.conf, and that I have to manually restore my
connection to my non-VPN network.

If I try to connect again to the VPN, openconnect tells me I'm
connected, but I can't actually ping anything at the VPN gateway or
beyond, UNLESS I do a re-boot.

Jeff