getaddrinfo failed: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Aug 9 17:03:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 15:58 -0500, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet) wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance, but am I supposed to change something for
> the directories 'a' and 'b' below? Am I supposed to use a switch of some
> sort with patch that isn't obvious? Sorry if this is something obvious
> that I am missing.

When you are in the 'packages' directory, apply the patch with
'patch -p1', which strips the first level from the pathnames.

Or if you're in the packages/net/openconnect directory, apply it with
'patch -p3'.

The default output of 'git diff' or 'git show' includes these top-level
a/ and b/ directories.