getaddrinfo failed: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Aug 9 11:47:51 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 10:34 -0500, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet)
wrote:

> I'm guessing this disconnect is a setting we have on our end, correct?
>
>      Received server disconnect: b0 'Max time exceeded'
>      Send BYE packet: Server request
>
> My network engineer is out today, or would ask him :)

Yes, that's your session timeout, which is currently set to an
exceedingly short 12 hours according to your debug log:

Note that even if you put your password into a script and it loops and
reconnects *immediately* (like the example script below), you are likely
to get a new IP address from the server, and all existing connections
will break.

This is a Cisco bug -- if your previous IP address is still available in
the pool and hasn't already been given to someone else, then it *ought*
to give it back to you when you reconnect. Please do file it with Cisco.

#!/bin/bash

VPNUSER=foo
VPNSERVER=vpn.example.com

read -p "Enter VPN password: " -s PASS

while true; do
#	route add default gw 90.155.92.193
    THEN=`date +%s`
	echo $PASS | openconnect $VPNSERVER --script /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script -u $VPNUSER --passwd-on-stdin
    if [ $? -eq 2 ]; then
	echo Exit code 2
	exit 1
    fi
    NOW=`date +%s`
    if [ $NOW -lt $(($THEN + 60)) ]; then
	echo Need to wait $(($THEN + 60 - $NOW)) seconds
	sleep $(($THEN + 60 - $NOW))
    fi
done