problem with getaddrinfo

Andrea Gamba andrea.gamba at polito.it
Sat Apr 3 07:04:21 EDT 2010

I am trying to use openconnect to establish a VPN connection giving
username and password. Openconnect downloads a certificate from the
server, than I get this error message:

Attempting to connect to medea.ircc.unito.it
SSL negotiation with medea.ircc.unito.it
Connected to HTTPS on medea.ircc.unito.it
GET medea.ircc.unito.it/SSLVPN/
getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
Failed to open HTTPS connection to medea.ircc.unito.it:443
Attempting to connect to medea.ircc.unito.it
SSL negotiation with medea.ircc.unito.it
Connected to HTTPS on medea.ircc.unito.it
GET medea.ircc.unito.it/SSLVPN/
getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
Failed to open HTTPS connection to medea.ircc.unito.it:443

I have seen a similar problem cited here:

http://bombadil.infradead.org/pipermail/openconnect-devel/2009-December/000068.html

is there any solution to it?

I am calling openconnect from network manager in a 64bit ubuntu karmic box.

Andrea