Failed to open HTTPS connection to ip:443

Phil Hallows phallows at globemicro.com
Tue Dec 22 10:50:41 EST 2009

All,

I'm not entirely sure if this is a problem with openconnect or a problem
with the router, so apologies if I am incorrect.

# openconnect -v IP
Attempting to connect to IP
SSL negotiation with IP
Connected to HTTPS on IP
GET IP/
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
Location: https://IP:443/webvpn.html
Set-Cookie: webvpncontext=00 at firewall; path=/
Connection: Keep-Alive
getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
Failed to open HTTPS connection to IP:443
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

It seems that getaddrinfo in ssl.c is looking up firstly just the IP
with the provided port, then a second time around it looks up the
hostname "IP:443", and fails.

strace shows dns lookups to "IP:443.mydomain" as well.

However, it seems odd to me that no one else has noticed, so must be
something I am doing wrong? I've tried the latest tarball.

Is it a bug?

Many thanks,

--
Phil Hallows
Globe Microsystems

Globe´s office will be closed over the Christmas period, from 12pm on Thursday 24th December 2009 until 8.45am on Monday 4th January 2009.

Globe Microsystems Limited is registered in England and Wales with
company number 2581610 and VAT registration GB849738662.
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("The intended
recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information,
which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may
not necessarily be the views held by Globe Microsystems Limited. Any
attachment software files will be subject to the license agreement of
the relevant manufacturer. The information in this email was considered
valid at the time of sending, though may be subject to change or error,
therefore please request further confirmation if you intend to rely on
the contents hereof. Globe Microsystems Limited terms and conditions
apply to all transactions.