Reviving a brick

Ben Williamson benw at pobox.com
Fri Feb 5 17:40:41 EST 2010

Hi all,

I dusted off a Netwinder DM that's been idle for about a year. The front
panel LED comes on steady and the disk and fan spin up, but no other signs
of life. No keyboard LED, no video, no beep.

I'm sure this box booted last time I got it out about a year ago, and I
don't think I've done anything silly with it since then. Is it really
possible that the flash contents has just decayed over time? It would be >
10yrs since the flash was written.

Anyway, any advice on reviving the brick? Parallel port JTAG hackery is an
option, but I've no idea where to start for JTAG driver software or for
flash images to download.

Thanks!

- Ben.