problem after php instal

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Fri Oct 19 08:12:49 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 03:29:43AM -0700, Georgescu Gabriel wrote:

> After i installed php and "apache mod ssl" i couldn't see my webpage on the server and also the netwinders webinterface. Please help: how can i get netwinder to its defaults or the apache server?

So the first thing to check is- is the web server running?
You will need to log in to the netwinder with telnet or ssh,
or using an attached keyboard/monitor.

To get the list of processes, type the command "ps ax".  THis should
give a list, look for the word "httpd" in that list (in the right-hand
column).  If you don't see it, then the web server is not running.
This could happen due to a couple of reasons.

The web server creates two log files:
/var/log/httpd/error.log
/var/log/httpd/access.log

Check the end of the error.log file to see why the web server has
not started.  It might be a syntax error in the config file for example.

-R