upgrade office server

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Thu Aug 2 07:56:34 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:25:23AM +0300, Georgescu Gabriel wrote:

> I understand that i can upgrade my office server with the image base-nw9.tar
> bz2 with web interface included. Is that correct? If anyone could tell me if
> it worked on Office Server and if it could be done by a beginner  in Linux

No, the nw9 image does not include a web interface.  It is possible
to install a web server (Apache), and then several web-based admin
tools are possible, but I would not recommend this for beginners.

> And also please tell me if it is possible on the Office server to stop
> hackers of using my email from sending spam.

Do you think your netwinder has been taken over by hackers and they
are using it to send out spam?  If so you need to determine how they
gained access (most likely password was compromised?).

Or are you asking about other people who recieve spam emails that seem
to be "From" you?  Sadly, the "From" address is very easily forged, and
there is little you can do about it.  If you look at the headers of such
a forged message, you'll see that it never passed through your
netwinder.  The only way to stop these is on the receiver end, by adding
verification check to make sure the message really came from you.  Or to
keep track of known spammer addresses and block them, again on the
receiver side, this is known as "RBL" (Realtime Blocking Lists).

-R