Using FTP rescue

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Thu Mar 9 07:33:52 EST 2006

Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

> Hmm. I installed the RPM, not realizing that doing so would flash
> immediately, but I'm quite sure "2.3-3" was the version of the package
> that I installed. I don't suppose you remember what was corrected on the
> fourth try?

That was a "management decision" back at Rebel.  I hated the idea of it
flashing automatically as well.

I can't check what changed between -3 and -4 until i return home (no
remote access).  It will have been trivial stuff like having the
postinstalation script check if /dev/nwflash exists before creating it,
and such things.  The binary image of nettrom itself won't have changed.

-R