Buggy sound

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Apr 3 01:32:09 EDT 2006

On Apr 2, 2006, at 10:00 PM, Jamie Guinan wrote:

> Its compiled-in at the moment.

With 2.6 kernels, it appears to be generally a bad idea to compile most
stuff in, but YMMV.

> An ALSA port would be interesting, if I had the time/skill.

Like I said in an earlier message, someone has suggested that it
wouldn't take much of either:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/1/20/427

> I just noticed this FAQ entry about sound and DMA, but I'm not
> sure if its related,
>
>   http://www.netwinder.org/faq.html#1.20
>
> -Jamie

I was, perhaps foolishly, assuming that you hadn't dared use DMA for
sound for that very reason...