Buggy sound

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Apr 2 15:02:16 EDT 2006

I had some sound problems, but they were very different from yours.
Since I have not yet tried a 2.6 kernel on it, I'm guessing that may
have a lot to do with it. In my experience, OSS drivers cause no end of
problems under 2.6 kernels. A quick&dirty port of the driver to ALSA
would probably improve at least something. Anyway, is the driver
compiled into your kernel, or a module? If a module, which mechanism
are you using to load it?
--
"No gnu's is good gnu's."   --Gary Gnu, "The Great Space Coaster"