DMA with current 2.4.x kernels

François Jacques jacf01 at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 12 10:25:47 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I made a little discovery yesterday. In the 2.4.21-arm patch file and later, the 2.4.19
(rmk) driver for SL82C105.c is there, along with the standard 2.4.2* version
(patched by benh, linuxppc)

The files are:
	sl82c105.c => current driver
	sl82c105.c.2419 => 2.4.19 version

I guess this was deliberately done by either rmk or vrs, since Russell didn't
totally agree with the changes proposed by BenH, which were committed in the main
tree nonetheless.

At this point, I don't know if I can use the 2.4.19 version directly with
the 2.4.27 IDE driver. My guess is that it won't work, since there has been a
few changes made to the IDE driver between 2.4.19 and 2.4.21. OTOH, it may
help figuring out what has been broken.

First step, though, is to confirm that DMA works with 2.4.19 :)

François