Seeking guidance for Adding ISP Driver for RK3568

Yogesh Hegde yogi.kernel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 00:11:32 PDT 2023

Hi,

I am seeking your expert guidance and assistance in adding the ISP driver for
RK3568 to the Linux Kernel.

Before I start, I have a few questions regarding the process of
adding the ISP driver for RK3568 and upstreaming it to the Linux Kernel.
I greatly appreciate any insights you can provide on the following points:

1. Integration with existing RK3399 ISP driver: Since the ISP driver for RK3399
   has already been upstreamed, I would like to understand if the ISP driver
   for RK3568 will be added to the existing RK3399 ISP driver or if it will be
   a completely new driver ?

2. Upstreaming process and staging: I would like to know if the upstreaming
   process for the RK3568 ISP driver will involve starting with the downstream
   driver and adding it to the staging area. From there, would it be merged
   into the media subsystem or follow a different process altogether?

3. Permission requirements from Rockchip: To ensure a smooth upstreaming
   process, I would like to know if I need any permissions or approvals from
   Rockchip, the manufacturer of the RK3568 chipset. If permissions are
   required, could you please guide me on how to obtain them?

I would also like to mention that while this is my first time upstreaming a
full driver, I do have some experience working with the media subsystem.
I am willing to devote the necessary time and effort to learn and contribute
effectively to the upstreaming process also I have Rock 3A development board,
which will be helpful in testing the ISP driver.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I eagerly await your responses
and any direction you and the mailing list members can provide.

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh