[v6 1/3] mfd: Add Rockchip rk817 audio CODEC support

Chris Morgan macromorgan at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 18:51:12 BST 2021

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 05:51:16PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 10:57:16AM -0500, Chris Morgan wrote:
>
> > +#ifdef CONFIG_SND_SOC_RK817
> > +	case RK817_CODEC_DTOP_LPT_SRST:
> > +#endif
>
> The register map of the device isn't going to change based on the kernel
> configuration, I wouldn't expect any ifdefs for it.

You are correct, but I was thinking that I should make the codec bits optional
in the event someone had a RK817 and didn't want to use the codec. If you think
this or the rest of the bits should not be optional please let me know. I still
think it's best that at least the cell be optional so users can build a kernel
without the audio if they so choose (I tested both building this module and
audio codec with no devicetree entry - you get a dmesg log error but nothing
else, and building with the devicetree entry but no driver - nothing happens).

If we enable the regmap bits unconditionally, is there any potential harm?

Thank you.