rk3399 evb and sapphire board

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org
Tue Dec 19 02:40:32 PST 2017

Hi,

[ I've asked the question on irc but nobody seemed to know, so I'm asking
to a wider audience. ]

I've bought a sapphire board from vamrs, without the excavator. I was
looking for the device tree to use and found a rk3399-sapphire.dtsi and a
rk3399-evb.dts. I've booted the kernel with the later, given that it's
the only dts file but there are missing things in it. The
rk3399-sapphire.dtsi looks way more complete.

So, are the rk3399 evb board and sapphire really the same board ? If so,
why the rk3399-evb.dts doesn't only include the rk3399-sapphire.dtsi ?
If not, should I use a device tree file including the
rk3399-sapphire.dtsi instead of the rk3399-evb.dts ? Would a patch
adding it would be accepted ?

Thanks,
Arnaud