rockchip v4l support ?

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 13 00:54:32 PDT 2015

Hi Christoph,

On 07/13/2015 09:20 AM, Christoph Fritz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  is someone working on v4l (camera stack) support for rockchip SoCs?

I'm not aware of any activity, you're the first to ask about this on the linux-media
mailinglist.

However, a quick google turns up this:

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-os-reviews/DMCeSXLwoKY

> Currently, it lacks pretty much everything. So what is your guess in the
> amount of work at a rough estimate?

Hard to tell since I do not know the hardware. Basically anything from a week
to a year or more :-)

It depends on whether there is any code out there for driving the camera stack
that you can base your work on and whether you have datasheets and how complex
the HW is.

Regards,

	Hans