[RFC] rk3368 idle states

Heiko Stübner heiko at sntech.de
Wed Dec 2 17:05:01 PST 2015

Hi Lorenzo,

Am Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2015, 11:18:58 schrieb Lorenzo Pieralisi:
> while reviewing other dts idle states bindings I spotted the following
> snippet in arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3368.dtsi:
>
> cpu_sleep: cpu-sleep-0 {
>        compatible = "arm,idle-state";
>        arm,psci-suspend-param = <0x1010000>;
>        entry-latency-us = <0x3fffffff>;
>        exit-latency-us = <0x40000000>;
>        min-residency-us = <0xffffffff>;
> };
>
> Could you please explain to me how you obtained these residency/latency
> values ? They make NO sense whatsoever and I am quite tempted to
> ask you to remove this data from the dts file, it is just wrong.

I took these values verbatim from the vendor kernel when adding the core
rk3368 support.

I guess I was overly enthusiastic, that psci worked out of the box for smp,
that I didn't check the latency/residency values enough at that time. As time-
values they are really overly long :-) .

Nevertheless I have inquired now, what the background of those values is.

Heiko