Wiki resource for Fedora RISC-V + KVM on the Spacemit K3 Com260 board

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 12:50:21 PDT 2026


On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 04:52:18PM -0700, James Morris wrote:
> Hi Folks,

Hi,

> I've been playing with Fedora RISC-V on the Spacemit K3 Com260 board 
> (which implements full virtualization per the RVA23 spec).
>
> I've captured the bringup process as a wiki with the help of an LLM. This 
> supports a native KVM host running an F44 guest image. It's current for 
> F44, with F45-beta a WIP.
> 
> Wiki: https://github.com/xjamesmorris/k3-com260-info/wiki

Thanks for sharing.  I don't have a K3 CoM260 myself, but some folks on
the Fedora RISC-V Matrix have it.

Looking through your wiki, I see you have an elaborate script for the
KVM part.  At first, the name of the script tricked me
('k3-run-fedora-guest.sh').  From quick skimming, I see it is handling a
lot more than just "running" the guest. It handles the entire guest
lifecycle management with plain QEMU, w/o libvirtd, QMP socket
validation, `flock` syscall handling, qcow2 backing file format
validation (a good security instinct :)) and more.


[1] https://github.com/xjamesmorris/k3-com260-info/blob/57400da095e944c75e63154b1c187e18a3ac3359/k3-com260-fedora-howto/scripts/k3-run-fedora-guest.sh


-- 
Kashyap Chamarthy / Red Hat / RISC-V and Fedora




More information about the linux-riscv mailing list