module loading ignores install script

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jan 25 03:51:15 EST 2010

Orm Finnendahl wrote:
>  I'm trying to convince my laptop to start a custom script on
> inserting a pc express audio interface card.

Is this the HDSPe ExpressCard?

ExpressCard contains a PCI-Express and a USB connection. While cheap
cards often only use the USB connection it seems the HDSPe uses the
PCIe.

This means that the card is a hotplugged PCI device in your system.
(Yes, PCI, not PCIe, there's almost no difference between the two
outside firmware and kernel.)

You could add a one-line udev rule in order to execute stuff when
this device is added (or removed) in your system.

//Peter